Wednesday, March 28, 2018

Books!!!

I mentioned on Twitter (@LTeacher10) that I enjoy giving my students time to read a variety of books that are to do with Social Change.  I am compiling a Google Doc with the books I use.  It is continually growing and I would love your suggestions. 

Some ideas as students read the books:

Write a summary
Connect to a Global Goal with Evidence
Have them rewrite the story from a different perspective
How would it be different if ______?
Split students into different groups and have them read different books on the same topic (perhaps different time periods or locations) then have them share their learning and make connections.
What can we learn from the book? What is the author's message?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Developing Understanding of Refugees

I have been meaning to write this post for a while and after having a clear out/organisation of my Google Drive - I revisited this project ...